Monday, August 31, 2026

What Happened at Manila’s Last Massive Travel Event


I was busy signing up and pitching different article ideas, business features, and web/blog proposals through a Facebook and IG press group when something unexpected caught my attention.

Suddenly, I saw Casey Mead post about a high-end press trip to East India. It immediately caught my interest. Then she told me that she would be heading to Manila and invited me to Travel Massive Event the next day.


That was all the push I needed. I asked my boss to take a leave from US/London projects good thing that they agreed and very supportive, in my personal, travel and other business side hustles projects. Even suggested some great tips!

I already had several errands, unfinished business, and things I needed to take care of in Manila. So, instead of waiting, I decided to make the most of the opportunity and booked a flight from Bacolod to Manila the following day.


What started as a trip to take care of a few personal and business matters quickly turned into a 3day short weekend adventure in Manila and an unexpected encounter with one of the memorable travel meet up I had experienced in the city. 


I had no idea how our couple of hours evening talk would turn into a gathering of such enthusiastic travel peeps! Casey told me this is her 99th country, and her 100th will be Japan next week. That’s a lot of countries! What an incredible travel journey! I need to catch up haha.


Too bad they still invited me to do bar hopping and explore Manila after the event. But I need cut it short due to a scheduled commitment the next day. 


Casey introduced me to Ian Cumming the founder of Travel Massive, Ian told me that his specialization is basically like the LinkedIn of the global travel industry a place where travel professionals and enthusiasts can connect, network, and share opportunities around the world.   


I can see the vision of this founder as they continue the world tour hosting this kind of event because of the demand of Philippine travellers that our tourism industry contributed 8.1% to the country's GDP in 2025, remaining a vital pillar for economic growth and national employment.


During the meet up, Milan Milutinovic told me about his software business that provides technology for travel events and travel websites. It was fascinating to hear how software is being used to connect people, businesses, and opportunities across the global travel industry.

Daniel Carreon showed me his Pablo Escobar trip and some incredible photos from his luxurious travels by first class plane throughout Latin America. He spent a month traveling across the region, meeting and traveling with prominent people who have conquered dozens of mountains across every continent.

What an extraordinary travel story luxury, adventure, fascinating people, and experiences that most of us can only dream about! Sana all!

Orly Darnayla  founder of Baybayin Hub, a prominent co-living, co-working, and digital nomad community based in Siargao Island and expanding to other destinations across the Philippines.

He passionately shared his expertise, particularly in areas that are essential to the VA industry, and invited me to join one of their Siargao meetups.

I told him I’d definitely need a private room, though because I’m usually making outbound calls, and I can get pretty noisy! Definitely not your typical quiet co-working space experience.  

So many short but interesting conversations with different attendees about turning their houses into hotel or hospitality businesses, sharing ideas on local travel organizing experiences, and lessons from their recent trips around the world.

One trip after another, one country after another and suddenly I’m thinking, this travel lifestyle is expensive! So many fascinating stories, and endless travel plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment